Eight recent alumni of the College of Engineering have been appointed to three-year terms on the Young Alumni Advisory Board.
They are Liz Risius (BSE 2013 electrical engineering, integration engineer/technical project manager, Epic Systems, Madison, WI; Ian Flynn (BSE 2011 industrial engineering), director of engineering, Raining Rose, Cedar Rapids, IA; Kayla Kamber (BSE 2012 industrial engineering), industrial engineer/lean tech, Mars Chocolate North America, Chicago, IL; Michael J. Lee (BSE 2008), product line manager, Schneider Electric, Cedar Rapids, IA; Alyssa Neiers (BSE 2010 biomedical engineering), Medical Murray, North Barrington, IL; Alyssa Assano Reinhardt (BSE 2011 chemical engineering), chemical process engineer II, Rockwell Collins, Inc., Cedar Rapids, IA; Stephanie Swiatlo (BSE 2013 biomedical engineering), engineer I, Baxter Healthcare, Round Lake, IL; and Nicholas Turner (BSE 2011 civil engineering), project engineer, JEO Consulting Group, LLC, South Sioux City, NE.
The board -- established in 2007 -- helps the college in achieving its strategic plan and vision by providing input and advice in the areas of:
- Perspectives, knowledge and experiences as a student and as a new engineer in the workplace.
- Engaging young alumni in the life of the College.
- Supporting the University of Iowa Alumni Association goal to engage more students and young (age 30 and younger) alumni as well as increase opportunities for young alumni participation.
- Creating in young alumni a strong interest and commitment to the College and developing a network of mutually beneficial relationships among alumni, students and faculty.
- Developing a loyalty to the College so alumni will want to invest in the College with volunteer and financial support.