Seven College of Engineering faculty members and a distinguished alumnus of the college are featured in the 2017 edition of the DARE to Discover banner campaign, created by the UI Office of Research and Economic Development to showcase researchers, scholars, and creators from across the University of Iowa, including a series of banners throughout downtown Iowa City.
The seven faculty members and links to each of their profile pages are:
- James Ankrum, Dare to Bioengineer Cells
- David Cwiertny, Dare to Track Pollutants
- Dan McGehee, Dare to Improve Vehicle Safety
- Jerry Schnoor, Dare to Protect the Environment
- Charles Stanier,Dare to Clear the Air
- Fatima Toor, Dare to Catch Cancer
- Sarah Vigmostad, Dare to Personalize Treatment
Also featured is Donald Gurnett, College of Engineering alumnus and UI professor of physics and astronomy, Dare to Explore Space.
Many of the 51 subject banners are already in place inside the Old Capitol Mall/University Capitol Centre (UCC), and the City of Iowa City is scheduled to install the rest on poles throughout downtown this week. The outside banners will remain in place through the first or second week of May, when all of the banners will be moved into University Capitol Center and remain on display at least until the end of June.